Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2012.
This intermediate level developer designs and implements applications that make use of XML and related technologies such as XML Schema, XSLT and XPath. This developer has a strong understanding of XML fundamentals; knowledge of XML concepts and related technologies; understands how data relates to XML, in particular with issues associated to information modeling, XML processing, XML rendering and Web Services; has a thorough knowledge of core XML related W3C recommendations; and is familiar with well-known, best practices.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Developer - XML 1.1 and Related Technologies certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Note: Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- Background in programming/scripting and understanding of basic computer science models and data structures.
- In particular, familiarity with the following XML-related computer science concepts: tree traversal, recursion, reuse of data.
- Familiarity with Internet standards and concepts (such as Web Browser, client-server, documenting, formatting, e-commerce, Web applications).
- Experience in designing and implementing Java-based computer applications.
- Experience working with relational databases.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- 000-142 - XML 1.1 and Related Technologies