Make text pop-ups directly accessible or provide an accessible alternative.
This checkpoint only applies to Lotus Notes applications viewed through the Notes client.
Text pop-ups provide additional information about a field or form. If you cannot navigate to the pop-up using the keyboard, some users will not be able to access the information. Text pop-ups can be accessed using the keyboard if they are coded correctly.
The following technique is required to meet Checkpoint 3.3 from the Lotus Notes Application Accessibility Checklist:
- Display pop-ups using the "On Click" option. If they are displayed using On Mouse Over, they are not accessible.
- Select the text that will be associated with the pop-up
- Go to Create — Hotspot — Text Pop-up
- Select the Hotspot Info tab. In the Popup text field, enter the text that will be displayed when you navigate to the pop-up
- Go to Show Pop-up and select the option "On click" to make the pop-up accessible when using the keyboard or the mouse
Test the application to ensure that it complies with accessibility requirements.
No test tools are required to test this checkpoint
|1.||In Notes, open the document with the text pop-up. Tab to the pop-up to verify you can access it with the keyboard.||
©2009 IBM Corporation
Last updated August 25, 2009.